Wednesday, March 30, 2011

a chain of swaying friendship unbroken...

Today, I'm lingering with thoughts thankfulness for precious friends...

I've heard it said there are friends for various seasons that fade through time. Perhaps. But I much prefer friendships that span the years - and even miles.

As a Brownie, I remember a circle of little girls, including me (and my mom, who was our leader), crossing arms and clasping hands. A chain of swaying friendship unbroken. We sang...

Make new friends,
But keep the old.
One is silver,
the other's gold... (author unknown)

My husband's career has relocated our family three times over the years.
Friendships forged through time blessed in each place are all (and each) golden to me. Email, Facebook, Skype... keep us in touch. Even though warm hugs may be lacking, warm hearts are abundant. And together, we form our own swaying chain of friendship unbroken.

And to quote the last line of the above poem/song...

Across the land,
Across the sea,
Friends forever
We will always be...




2 comments:

Darrow's said...

So true Sharon. Glad our precious friendship has endured even tho we are.far apart in miles! Xoxo

Sharen Watson said...

Sandi... Oh, me too. Love and hugs to you, sweet sister-friend. xoxo to you too.