Wednesday, February 2, 2011

agapaō... everyday verb

Awakened. Warm under covers down. Good morning whispers through lips and voice coarse and dry from sleep. And the mind wanders. What will my day hold? My children come to mind. Do they early morning recognize You, Lord, too?


A gathering of like-hearted sisterfriends a few hours forth brings more wonder. Will anyone new enter our fold today? How can I welcome her? And then, It's awfully cold outside. What will I wear? The dog barks gentle, voice coarse and dry from her slumber. Good morning, sleepy puppy...

My thoughts, my expressions toward God, communing with God Emmanuel in the morning drift. And an ember of recognition rekindles the wandering, wondering mind. I will my thoughts to turn back to good morning whispers. A feeble, human attempt to reign in the busy mind really, and again, reluctant, I wander...

And then...

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ Matthew 22:37

Mind-full of Jesus Words, drifting thoughts submit to the Call. Wrapped in His presence, heart, soul, mind all captivated. Full focus. His Presence captures me. Love words lost in rapt attention. Woman mortal words fail, every utterance attempt falls flat, and I am undone. And still. Quieted.

And then His Will in Word...

Love your neighbor as yourself. Matthew 22:39

No matter the plans, no matter the gathering. No matter. Love... and then, Love.

Love, agapaō A subtle to-do. A verb I understand in His presence.

I bow, kneel, "Your will. With agapaō."

No comments: